Saturday, November 26, 2011

Book Review Explosive Eighteen - Janet Evanovich

Oh Stephanie - you're becoming rather predictable. I started reading the Plum series this summer and devoured them, one after another including the "between the numbers" books. They made me giggle out loud. But this one, it was just too hard to follow the unraveling mystery. It was a bit far-fetched. A photograph slipped into her bag, people trying to kill her those are typical but then when the photo is from a hacker who is trying to help his mother - but people think it's of him the story line gets a bit confusing. Plus there wasn't enough of Ranger, Morelli and Grandma Mazur. Something happened in Hawaii, yes we find out what it was, but Morelli doesn't and I thought he should be told. The best parts were when Joyce moved in with Stephanie. I laughed at those. In the end, I felt blah. It wasn't the usual Stephanie Plum - no cars were blown up, crushed, or smashed. Oh and I really didn't like the Lulu and Buggy thing - creepy. I hate to think think this, but maybe Stephanie should marry Morelli and settle down in the Burg and raise a bunch of little Morellies. She could chase bad guys with a diaper bag or just get a nice job in a bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment