Saturday, August 2, 2014

Sunday Scribe prompt

Hi everyone - years ago I was in a writing group and every Sunday we would get a writing prompt. I'm going to attempt to do something similar. As long as there is interest I will post a prompt on Sunday morning - or maybe Saturday night. You have a week to write something based on the prompt - no more than 500 words and post it in the comment section. Others may comment on your writing, but I reserve to remove anything I deem inappropriate - negative comments, bashing, hating, name calling.  Constructive criticism is welcome.

This week's writing prompt - why I write!

1 comment:

  1. I write for many reasons...my job requires that I write well. My employer wants clear concise to the point writing. I write for pleasure - yes, I enjoy words a lot and so sometimes, I just write to put silly words together and see where they will go. I write because I'm passionate or angry and need to vent. I write to figure things out; to remember things that I might otherwise forget. I write to create, to persuade. When don't I write? It seems I'm always writing. Sometimes it's more enjoyable than others. I write - to fill the blank page - to fill the silence with color, energy and thought!

    ReplyDelete