Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Potato Soup

It's fall and that means - soup time! Yum! Ok not all soups are tasty. I'm not a fan of cold soups nor do I favor minestrone - but a good hearty potato soup with pumpernickle bread is a perfect lunch as far as I'm concerned.

I'll admit - I cheat a little. I start with a packet of Bear Creek Cheddar Potato soup mix. If I had more time to peel a bunch of potatoes I'd go that route - but this is a quick lunch time meal.

Much like the rest of my cooking - I follow the directions on the packet to make the stock and then add some diced onions, some ham or cooked bacon and a sprinkle of chipolte pepper. After it simmers for about 15 minutes - it's nearly ready - then I add a good portion of mozzerella cheese and finish it off with some parmesan cheese. In my opinion you can never have too much cheese.

Serve it with a thick slice of pumpernickle or rye bread with real butter and a fall lunch doesn't get any better.

Feel free to send me your potato soup recipes or comments on mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment