Sunday, October 2, 2011

Damaged A Maggie O'Dell mystery by Alex Kava

Maggie O'Dell doesn't exactly get along with her new boss and he doesn't exactly like her or so it seems so when she is needed in Florida where body parts are found floating in the Gulf Coast - she's sent - no worries about the Cat 5 hurricane heading her way. Meanwhile her friend Col Benjamin Platt also ends up in Florida to assist when the doctors at a military hospital are baffled by a slew of unexplainable sick soldiers - many who succomb to their illnesses. Of course, the two mysteries intertwine and bisect each other.
I like that Platt has become a character in the novels, but has remained on the periphery. I'm not sure I want Maggie to become involved. I think a romantic entanglement will take away from the mysteries and the mysteries are why I read these novels.
This novel was ok, but I just couldn't seem to get involved with the characters like I usually do, maybe it was my fault, maybe it was the author's style. It's still a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment