Sunday, October 2, 2011

Hotwire A Maggie O'Dell mystery by Alex Kava

This book was so frightening that I had to stop reading it and wait until my husband came home to read more. This book began in a truly frightening manner. Cattle mutilations, drugged out teenagers being killed in a remote area of Nebraska...
Agent Maggie O'Dell was on her game in this book. She had to overcome resistance from the local law enforcement, her boss back at Quantico and a worried Col Platt, who ended up having his own adventure.
This book was hard to put down, once I wasn't scared. A few times, I thought I had it figured out, but then a new twist sent me in another directions. This is the type of mystery I love, just enough clues to let me think I know what's going to happen and then a quick change to throw me off.
I felt the ending might have been a bit rushed. O'Dell throws herself off a cliff to escape death, but we're never told how bad her injuries are or even what they were. I wanted the ending to be a bit more discriptive. But I'm not complaining except for the fact that I now have to wait for the next Maggie O'Dell novel to be published.

No comments:

Post a Comment