Monday, October 31, 2011

Book Review: The Dating Game Killer

I haven't read anything by Stella Sands, but I will look for more of her work. So many true crime books are a listing of facts in a dry almost textbook manner, but Sands turns the facts into an interesting tale. Although I knew that the women she previews are going to die in the upcoming pages, it doesn't take away from the "oh no" factor. I kept hoping that one of them would get away; would turn up some place, safe.

The one word of warning I would add is that Rodney Alcala was a sadistic murderer and Sands doesn't hold back in the graphic descriptions of how his victims were tortured or found. It might be a bit upsetting to some.

I found the book hard to put down but I had to because life/work got in the way, but I highly recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment