Saturday, June 23, 2012

Pretend You Don't See Her; A book review


I like Mary Higgemins Clark. I know what I'm going to get with her - good old fashioned suspense. A mystery that's never easy to figure out and satisfying in the end. This book is no exception. Clark writes characters that I like - all of them - even the bad guys who I don't suspect. The bad guys I know about are evil and sinister - the way they they should be.

Quick synopsis - Lacey Farrell is a witness to a murder. She is the only one who can identify the man and now her life is at risk. She's put in the witness protection program, but she in the end, she must solve the mystery of who's trying to kill her and why.

The book has a sense of urgency. I'm not sure I ever fear completely for Lacey's life or not. It is a story that just unfolds so naturally that it could be real. That's probably the reason I like it. I want to know the who and they why, but I'm not afraid because the good guy (or woman in this case) in Clark's books always wins.

You have to love a book that metes out the right kind of justice.

I have sporadically read other books by Mary Higgins Clark and have enjoyed them. Maybe I should spend the rest of the summer reading the rest of her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment