Sunday, December 11, 2011

A new show

Well, the pre-production meeting was held. I'm not sure I'm any more in the know than I was before, with the exception that I have a wonderful producer -Kyle.
I will be directing A Carol Burnett Show Tribute - dinner theatre production for a semi-local to me community theatre. The group has secured the rights to the script (sketches); I believe the show will go up the second and third weekends in March.
Today I finished up the rehearsal schedule - based on what information I have. Currently, I work on Wednesday evenings so that cuts rehearsals to three nights a week, but luckily for me - spring break is in the middle so I can have 2 Wednesday nights. I figured out the amount of hours - and I'll be able to put in a minimum of 89 hours - possibly a few more - but that puts us in awesome shape if the old adage holds true - 1 hour of rehearsal time for 1 minute of playing time. The show should run about 90 minutes.
This is a dinner theatre so we have to figure out the logistics of food, seating, and sight lines. It's a challenge, but this is something for me to look forward too. After my last show closed, I was terribly depressed. That was silly because I knew this show was coming up, but I spent so much time working on the last show, that I felt quite bereft after it closed.
Auditions will be January 9 and 10 in the evening. I will be having the actors do improv, games, movement and maybe some cold readings and maybe some singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment