Friday, May 18, 2012

Marriage by Mistake a book review


Let me start by saying I downloaded this book on my Nook because it was free and occasionally I like mindless fluff. This falls right into the formula romance writing category. Girl and boy hook up, there is a conflict, boy doesn't like girl, girl tries to get boy to change his mind and in the end leaves him only to have him realize he can't live without her.

This was a long read over 600 pages. To make sure it was that long, Kress throws in a second romance with the same plot about 3/4 of the way through the book. Of course, both men (cousins) are damaged by events from their childhood and cannot love or will not love.

There is a lot of sex in this book and apparently in the beginning we find out that Kelly isn't on birth control and they use condoms. But there is a lot of sex and I really kept expecting her to find out that she was pregnant.

Outside of that, the book is predictable, but after a long day of teaching, while waiting for my husband to come home, some times predictable is nice.

I give this book a 4 star rating. It's a good way to unwind and not think too hard. Author Alyssa Kressa

No comments:

Post a Comment