Monday, May 2, 2011

Book Reviews

I used to be a voracious reader. I'd read anything and everything. I'd wake up in the morning and read thecereal box if there wasn't anything else to read.

When other kids got in trouble, their parents would make them read or wouldn't let them watch TV. Not mine, my punishment - no books! Once they even punished me by making me watch TV with them.

But life has gotten in the way. I have papers to read and grade. Lesson plans to prep, textbooks to read and plan from and so reading for fun has fallen by the wayside. I've decided to change that.

After our local bookstore closed and the nearest bookstore was a 45 minute drive, I figured it would be cheaper to invest in an e-reader. I bought a Barnes and Noble Nook which I love. If I finish a book and I'm still not tired - no worry, just go shopping on the device, find a book and download it. An added plus, I can change the size of the font so my eyes don't get tired any more.

So this has been my introduction to my book reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment